You don't need to travel to remote locations to experience all the inconveniences of not being at home, here's five easy steps to get you started:
- Scatter small sharp objects onto floor. Pitch tent over them
- Poke a medium-sized hole in screen door. Position a bright light next to door to encourage the arrival of winged insects.
- Without opening flue, light fire in fireplace. Bask in the woodsy smell.
- Douse socks in cold dishwater wring out lightly and apply to feet.
- Eat pasta with salt and butter. Swear it is the best pasta you've ever had, and wonder why you don't always eat pasta like that.
Photos by Scott Goodwill and Gabriele Rampazzo on Unsplash